FRUITS AND OTHER HEALTHY SNACKS
Do not ditch snacks, make them healthy. Yes, I hear you. You may want to ditch it, instead of making snacks healthy. Healthy snacks can be tasty too. Have you ever tried frozen grapes when you crave for candy? Cut down your trips to the vending machine and start making your own healthy snacks.
Healthy snacks for weight loss
- Frozen fruits like grapes or cherries, frozen corn or frozen peas.
- Sugar free high fiber granola bar – make sure to read the label and check out the calories first.
- Apple with peanut butter or apple with yogurt
- Banana with peanut butter
- Oatmeal with fruits like banana, strawberries and a few nuts
- Soy chips
- Frozen fruit juice – make sure its just fruit juice and not sugar filled fruit juice. While you freeze it,
add a stick to it and consume it as an ice cream bar.
- Licorice – it helps to reduce appetite, but don’t consume a lot of them.
- Yogurt with pomegranate, banana or any other fruit
- Baby carrot with hummus
- Dried cranberries, raisins, peanuts and almonds
- Egg whites and whole wheat toast
- Frozen yogurt – plain or with fruit
- Kale chips – bake kale with salt sprinkled till they become crispy
- Roasted or boiled chickpeas with sweet corns and cubed cucumber
- Cottage cheese filled avocado
Why to snack?
Over consumption of the snacks would lead to weight gain.What does this e book contain? There
are a lot of benefits, when it comes to healthy snacking.
- Makes you consume less number of meals
- Keeps you away from high sugar content candies and other comfort foods.
- Air popped popcorn would provide you less calories, but would reduce the stress of dieting
If you are under a 1500 calorie diet, save 300 calories for three snacks. Healthy snack is a best way to include some considerable amount of fruits. Frozen grapes might not be as healthy as fresh grapes, unless you stack them, in your freezer. However, when compared to the pumpkin pie, frozen grapes are better choice.